Once you begin a new life, you always try out new things and let go of the some of the old ones. So let’s see how did our girls do.
- 40% stopped worrying. What does that tell us? That when you are completely helpless sometimes and you have no control – like when living for the first time in a new country – can actually help you relax.
- 16% gave up bad habits like: smoking, watching too much TV, eating without logic
- 16% stopped doing some funny or small daily activities, without necessarily of a big importance, but which were done with a high frequency. Hey, it’s all those little things that matter, like: roller skating or taking a walk. A quite significant percentage of girls gave up wearing high heels.. Is the fashion industry at risk??
- 12% don’t build up mental barriers or don’t believe in cliches anymore. When you become an expat, you have to start re-thinking everything about the world.. and yourself.
- 8% gave up driving. How funny is that? When you start your life in a new place, it’s difficult to own or find your way around in a car. Public transportation or simply walking it’s definitely more reliable.
- 8% actually deeply experience a loss. Either from stopping doing something that they really love, like yoga, or missing friends and family. Unfortunately, an undisputed part of the expat life.
We have a very even score; seem like a lot has happened new in the life of an expat. And why not start with a very basic need? After all, we are all humans.
- 22% started going out more and trying out more food and drinks. Can you blame them; who wouldn’t eat pineapple all day long?
- 22% have a new daily behavior. Either if it’s walking in the morning, biking to work or exercising every day, it is definitely something that was not present before.
- 22% developed a new skill. Whether is a new language, acting, skiing or taking picture, for sure the personality is richer now.
- 22% declare their horizons expanded. They acknowledge a broader influence on their life or a radical change. These are women that generally lived longer in a place. They say they enjoy living life to the full now, started reinventing themselves and doing things they did not think were capable before, like talking to new people every day.
- 11% have a new funny habit. Can go from checking the weather daily and all about rain probabilities to bowing all the time. Hilarious!