- The first thing you should know about Sydney is that it is not the capital of Australia as many people think. It is, in fact, Canberra! The reason for that choice is that the two big cities of Australia: Sydney and Melbourne both wanted to be the capital of the country and since they did not find any agreement, it has been chosen to pick the city in between those two: It ended up being Canberra! However, Sydney is a capital…. The state of New South Wales’ one!
- Sydney has multiple great spots to visit especially breath-taking sightseeing! One of them is obviously the Harbour Bridge, also called “The Old Hanger” as it has the shape of it! This bridge connects the north and south sides of the city. It is daily used by cars, buses, trains, bicycles and there is even room to walk. For the most adventurous ones, you can climb on top of it and have your picture taken from there. This way, you can enjoy one of the greatest city’s views!
- Every 1st of January on the TV news, you get to enjoy a few seconds of the best New Years Fireworks all over the world. As you may know, Sydney’s firework is one of the most beautiful. It lasts for approximately 12 minutes and is HUGE! Fireworks are set from different spots on the harbour and you can see it from everywhere in the city and around.
- If you want to enjoy the exotic wildlife, the zoo and the aquarium are the best places to go if you do not have time to travel around Australia to meet the cutest koalas and kangaroos! You can usually touch them, give them food and take pictures without being endangered as people who take care of them are with you the whole time. They also explain how they live and how Australian people try to protect them especially in case of fire bushes. Wildlife Park Zoo is from far my favourite in Sydney as you feel that animals let you into their world and not the other way around.
- Not only you have great beaches to go surfing, swimming or just sun bathing, but also, and not far from Sydney, you can find mountains! More precisely, the Blue Mountains. They get their name from the colour that they reflect from far, this is due to their eucalyptus forests. One of the well-known spots over there is The Three Sisters. It has been called this way because of the numbers of rocks that comes out of the mountains.
There is so much more to say about Sydney!! It is a great place to live; the lifestyle is so healthy and happy. Australian people are very friendly and you feel like every day is a vacation!