1. Israel has 137 official beaches, 10 times more than the number of cities. (Israel has 14 cities with populations over 100,000)
2. In regards to its population, Israel has the highest ratio of startups companies: GetTaxi, Waze, Viber, Fiverr, Wix, all of them are from Israel. Now you understand why Israel calls itself “The Startup Nation”.
3. The Dead Sea is the lowest place on Earth. People can easily float in the Dead Sea due to its unusually high salt concentration. It’s almost impossible to dive into it. But you can totally read your morning newspaper in the sea.
4. Israeli cows produce more milk per cow than almost any country in the world, competing only with South Korea.
5. The kosher food (“Kosher” is a Hebrew word that literally means “fit” or “proper.” When used in relation to food products, “kosher” means that the item in question meets the dietary requirements of Jewish law)
6. More than nine out of 10 Israeli homes use solar power to heat water.